have been taking advantage of the internet for years now. Through this, they can take care of their families and earn money for extra income. But don’t think their lives are easy. Mom bloggers work as hard as moms and dads that work in the office. They just look happier and a little less stressed.
So how do they do it? There are two possible ways.
They can make money from their blog (direct income). Or earn money because of their blog (indirect income). Direct income is when they put ads and promote products on their blogs. Indirect income is when they sell their services or skills like freelancing and hosting social events. Read on for a more detailed explanation.
Ways mommy bloggers make money from blogs:
– It’s natural that moms turn to each other for help or advice. This makes them popular with advertisers. It’s also like how magazines and newspapers sell ads. Through their readers or viewers, they allow businesses to post ads on their blogs. Or instead of ads, they get paid to use products on their blog posts.
In fact, some mom bloggers get approached by brands. More often than typical everyday bloggers. 54% of mommy bloggers are offered deals. That’s more than the 33% that ordinary bloggers get.
- Affiliation Linking
– Also called Affiliate Income. This is when they attach or link products on their blogs to other shopping sites like Amazon. For every click, they get paid. They also get commissions for every product a customer buys on that website.
Affiliation Linking is easy to sign up for which is why most mom bloggers use this method. They must gain a considerable amount of engaged audience that follows their recommendations. This makes them more likely to get commissions.
More trusting followers mean more clicks. More clicks mean more money.
- Business Promotions
– Many companies with retail stores, production facilities, or warehouses use blogs to make more money. This allows readers to get closer to their businesses. And mom bloggers take advantage of these too.
These businesses are usually clothing lines and other beauty related products. Mom bloggers get paid for posting these clothes on their blogs. They can either post photos of them, wearing the clothes, or post pictures of the clothes itself. It’s like posing for magazines. Don’t you think?
- Sponsored Content
– This is when mom bloggers can legally to put the words “Sponsored Post” below their blog posts. But before they can, they have to sign up for programs of different advertising networks. They must have a certain amount of social followers or blog traffic to get accepted to these programs. Depending on what the company wants. So it’s not some walk in the park.
On a brighter note, web agencies can help them gain the followers or traffic they need. These are companies that help businesses and bloggers with digital marketing. Some web agent companies even help people create their websites.
– Another common way mommy bloggers make money is by offering services to their readers. There are a lot of moms skilled in a variety of things. It could be writing, designing clothes, and other freelance services.
Apart from what you’ve read so far, there are still a lot of ways mommy bloggers make money. Be it online summits and live events, premium contents, or selling books and merchandise.
A lot of mom bloggers make money using one or more of these ways. They also combine direct and indirect sources of income to gain more profit.